Sunday, April 13, 2014

Five Things. A dog-licking goat, an awkward professor and safari party chocolate.

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy weekend! Hope it is full of sunshine  and fantastic things. Please check out my friend Celeste's Five Things as well. 



1. This candy.




Saw all that stuff at the store which stocked up on vegan delicacies (which is very exciting) and could not resist. I had the fruity version of these gummi bear thingies before and they were fantastic so I can't wait to try the cola ones. And come on, rice milk chocolate shaped like safari animals. I don't even know if I want to eat them because they are way too cute. But I tried the chocolate bar (with crispy rice pops) and it is heavenly! Yay for more vegan options. I am really exciting that groceries stores start to sell more vegan products. 


2. These animals.




I found it on Cute Overload. These animals are just so unbelievably fantastic. I mean, that goat is just funny and never gives up to try to make the dog play with her. And come on, a dog-licking goat is brilliant. And the dog is so patient and unimpressed. Can't stop watching these two. 



3. This book.



I do not usually read books about love. But this one sounded so interesting that I made an exception. I haven't finished the book yet but I can honestly say that I am surprised how much I like this book. The main character is hilarious and reminds me a teeny tiny bit of Adrian Mole. This book makes me laugh and it touches my heart. Unless the other half of the book turns out really crappy, I definitely recommend reading it. Here is a short description I found on Goodreads

"An international sensation, this hilarious, feel-good novel is narrated by an oddly charming and socially challenged genetics professor on an unusual quest: to find out if he is capable of true love.

Don Tillman, professor of genetics, has never been on a second date. He is a man who can count all his friends on the fingers of one hand, whose lifelong difficulty with social rituals has convinced him that he is simply not wired for romance. So when an acquaintance informs him that he would make a “wonderful” husband, his first reaction is shock. Yet he must concede to the statistical probability that there is someone for everyone, and he embarks upon The Wife Project. In the orderly, evidence-based manner with which he approaches all things, Don sets out to find the perfect partner. She will be punctual and logical—most definitely not a barmaid, a smoker, a drinker, or a late-arriver.

Yet Rosie Jarman is all these things. She is also beguiling, fiery, intelligent—and on a quest of her own. She is looking for her biological father, a search that a certain DNA expert might be able to help her with. Don's Wife Project takes a back burner to the Father Project and an unlikely relationship blooms, forcing the scientifically minded geneticist to confront the spontaneous whirlwind that is Rosie—and the realization that love is not always what looks good on paper."


4. This entrance.


This is the entrance to a bookstore. I would not mind having an entrance like that. And my own book store.


5. This show. 


I am re-watching Freaks and Geeks (not that I have tons of other stuff to catch up with) because the show makes me feel good and comfortable. It's like meeting an old friend. I also took a test to find out which Freaks and Geeks character I am and my result is Ken Miller because "sarcasm is my second language."


Happy Sunday to you!

14 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I would love vegan cola gummies! I sometimes get gummie bears from a local vegan shop but they are so expensive :(

    That books sounds good, I am not into love stories but it could be intresting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! But I agree, most of them are pretty expensive. They sell some pretty inexpensive ones in the local grocery store though. I am always happy to pick some of them up!

      The book is so great! I am not into love stories either but this one is special!

      Delete
  2. Ah, I want to read that book too! I don't like love stories either (typically) but this one sounds so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hilarious and really special. It is not the typical love story. I am sure you would enjoy it too!

      Delete
  3. Oh I've heard really good things about The Rosie Project. Glad to hear you're enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hilarious and special! I am sure you would like it as well!

      Delete
  4. Ok. I should definitely read the Rosie Project! ;) I even love its cover!

    Hahaha, the dog is so unimpressed! :p

    And I also need to add Freaks & Geeks to my "to watch" list.

    BTW, I totally started watching Legit because you'd mentioned it in this blog ;p. David told me about it a long time ago, and I replied, "yeah, I already know about it", hehe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy the book a lot! :) And I agree, the cover is great. I always judge books by their covers. Haha.

      That dog is soooo cool. :) Love how unimpressed he is!

      Oh Miki, you would love Freaks and Geeks! Trust me! :) Do you know Moone Boy? It is one of my favorite shows!

      Haha that is so cool about Legit. :) I am sure David was impressed. Hehe. Glad you like it! I need to catch up with the new season!

      Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Eeeek I used to have an Airedale pup just like that growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you did? Soooo cute! :) What was his/her name?

      Delete
  6. Want to know how I knew you'd love Freaks & Geeks? Because I do! I have the boxset here at my mother's house and I was only just looking at it yesterday! It's time for a re-watch I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am not surprised that you love it as well. :) It is such a good show! I am currently re-watching it. And after that I will either watch Black Books or Moone Boy again!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...